Obviously not all products are created equal. Some will be instant and long-lasting successes; others will not do as well. Some products (or services) are so great that they literally sell themselves – think of a toilet paper roll for example: you look at it and you know what it is for and you know you will probably need it (sooner or later!). Sold!
Other products are not as fortunate and even with the most dedicated salesperson or a very comprehensive brochure or long list of detailed benefits and features still don’t make a potential customer slap their forehead and shout: “I need this!!”
And, let’s not kid ourselves – all those things combined will make for a pretty expensive marketing budget, which obviously many products in the marketplace heavily rely on. But do you want your product to have to rely on an ongoing, expensive marketing budget or would you prefer if it sold itself?
We thought so. So let’s look at what we think influences the success of a product the most. As the toilet-paper roll example illustrates, the best way to make a product sell itself is to highlight why a potential customer needs the product – and this in the shortest and most direct way possible.
One of the best and most cost-effective ways to achieve this these days is by producing an explainer video. In the online space we would even argue it is hands-down the best way!
And whichever end of the spectrum your product falls on, even if it already is a “self-seller”, doing this is always a great idea because who doesn’t want to have more sales!?
How do you go about making an explainer video for a “self-selling-product” then?
Yes, literally SIMPLE. We simply recommend to apply the SIMPLE formula.
SIMPLE stands for simple, interesting, meaningful, productive, long-lasting and entertaining.
And here’s how we apply it to making successful explainer videos that help virtually any product to sell itself:
– SIMPLE: Keep your message as simple and straight-forward as possible. Don’t worry we can help you with this if you have a complex or difficult-to-explain product or service.
– INTERESTING: This is mostly our “magic”. Let us take care of making the video interesting and engaging by the appropriate use of animations and matching styles and visual elements to your product and target audience.
– MEANINGFUL: By definition an explainer is actually a meaningful means of communication because compared to images, text or audio, it simply is the most meaningful and content-rich way to get your message across.
– PRODUCTIVE: If you don’t already know what they are, with our help, we will identify what your products’ USPs (unique selling points) are, so we can embed visual and to-the-point messaging around them within your product’s explainer video.
– LONG-LASTING: When creating cost-effective explainer videos, we also consider which information may become out of date and recommend to exclude this from your video. This allows for the video to have a longer validity and thus save you money in the long run.
– ENTERTAINING: Well, this one’s an easy one, right? Obviously a video is way more entertaining than a boring long page of text and images for example. Especially with a little humour at the right points, your explainer video may even go viral as quite a lot of them do when they are well-made!
Let’s talk about how we can make your future customers slap their foreheads and shout: “I need this!!” with the help of an explainer video.
We create what people love to see!
Contact us today!